Get this book Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
A #1 New York Times bestseller, The Purpose Driven Life will help you understand why you are alive and reveal God’s amazing plan for you both here and now, and for eternity. Rick Warren who was the author of this book will guide you through a personal forty-day spiritual journey that will transform your answer to life’s most important question: What on earth am I here for? Knowing God’s purpose for creating you will reduce your stress, focus your energy, simplify your decisions, give meaning to your life, and most important, prepare you for eternity.
The book is intended to be read as a daily inspiration, with each of the 40 short chapters read on consecutive days. Each chapter contains a personal application section at the end with a “point to ponder,” a verse to remember, and a question to consider over the course of that day. Rick Warren described his book as an “anti-self-help book.” The first sentence of the book reads, “It’s not about you,” and the remainder of the chapter goes on to explain how the quest for personal fulfillment, satisfaction, and meaning can only be found in understanding and doing what God placed you on Earth to do. The book’s 40 chapters are divided into six major sections, with the following titles:
1. What on Earth Am I Here For?
2. Purpose 1: You Were Planned for God’s Pleasure (Christian Worship)
3. Purpose 2: You Were Formed for God’s Family (Christian Church)
4. Purpose 3: You Were Created to Become Like Christ (Discipleship)
5. Purpose 4: You Were Shaped for Serving God (Christian Ministry)
6. Purpose 5: You Were Made for a Mission (Christian mission)